THE HEAVY RING (Part 1)





It was 7:30am in morning, I just woke up for my school, went to washroom and washed my face and brushed my teeth. I walked towards my wardrobe and started looking for my uniform that we have to wear on Thursdays. I couldn’t find it, so I called my mother. My mother, Mrs.Ridhi kapoor, is 42 years old and a house-maker, an amazing mother and OBIDIENT wife. She is thin, fair and 24/7 busy working at home, and wears sari. In short, she is perfect thing on earth with life time guarantee.
 As soon as she enters, and bends over to look for my uniform I saw bruises on her back.
“Mom, What are these bruises mark on your back!?
“Nothing, I just hit the dining table yesterday, that’s it.”
“Do not lie to me!”
“Shut up! I found your uniform, get ready, you are getting late.”
I had an idea what could it be, but questioning my mom is sometimes more harder than chasing a hen and I never had a good conversation with my dad, to talk to him about this.
My dad, Major Amit kapoor, was in army and took voluntary retirement, and now owns and works in a departmental store. As we all know how the army people are, my dad is no different. He is strict, very punctual, angry, but very neat and clean as well. I adore him for his cleanliness (as it’s not very obvious with guys). I am their only child Aamna kapoor, studying in ALL girls school and in 9th standard, and who hates maths.

 We have our breakfast by sharp 8:20am, and if you are late at the table by more than 5 minutes, you will not be served and have to leave the house empty stomach. I do get late sometimes, but my sweet mom always packs for me extra of anything that’s cooked that day.
We, as in me and my mom, left home to catch the school bus, mom stood by me till I wasn't in bus. I thought, how much she cares about me. But then my heart asked me, do you care the same? From that moment I kept thinking the whole day about the bruise on my mother’s back. Dia is my best friend at school; I share everything with her no matter what happens, so I shared this with her. She says, she also noticed the same kind of bruise on her mother’s hand, way before her parents got divorced.
That one moment I had goose bumps all over my body, a terrifying thought had come into my mind. “Are my parents also going to get divorced?”.



PHOTO CREDIT – Google

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was all about sex

Happily ever after.

A beautiful liar