A letter to a father

Dear Dad, 

I have seen kids playing with their fathers 
early in the morning before they leave for school. 
Since the time I have started recognising you, 
You've never been in senses. 

I have seen fathers coming to PTM and saving their kids from all the scoldings 
And I have looked at my mother playing both the roles in that same space. 

I have seen girls and guys talking about how easily they share their problems with their fathers, 
I can't remember a single time when I have sat next to you and spoken even about my curriculum .

I have seen fathers teaching maths to their kids. 
How many times do you know I have flunked in it? 

I have seen fathers being proud of their children doing what they do, 
And all I know about you is that you want me to get married soon. 

I have seen fathers being the wings to take flight, 
You somehow become the reason why I don't know how to even walk on my own. 

Yes you've given me a lot. Never did you make me realise that we aren't well off. 
Mom says you should be respected because you have brought me up. But is money everything and moments nothing at all? 

I am used to it all. But would want a time when you don't abuse, don't drink and ask me what has been meaning of my life till now. 

From 

Your daughter. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happily ever after.

It was all about sex

A beautiful liar