THE HEAVY RING (LAST PART)








All these years I started feeling and believing that the reason behind, why my mother kept taking all this shits in her life, was me. If I would have been a boy, things would have been different. I could never call police to arrest my father whenever he attempted crime of domestic violence because at the end, he was my father and he has a reputation. But with looking at all these things since a long now, I thought that I would not let this happen with me when I will have a married life of my own.
My three years of college went by just like the wind; I didn’t even realize that I am going to work now. And this made me a little happier from inside because at last I could provide help to my mother as soon as I will join a job. I started searching job for myself and soon I got a job in a call center. It wasn’t as good as I thought but I needed money so I didn’t care about satisfaction.
After 6 months of my job, I met a guy, who was working with me in same call center. We spent time together and I started liking him. I felt as if the golden days of my life have started. Like any Bollywood story, he finally proposed me on 14th February, and I without any second thought said yes to him. Though I wanted to tell my parents everything but I didn’t because I knew that it was not so easy.
Years passed by; the image that my father created of a man, was vanishing because of the love I got from my guy. We spent a lot of nights together; we were both living in each other’s soul. Everything was perfect, just before the day when I heard from one of my colleague and our common friend that my boyfriend was about to get married to some girl, his parents had found for him. I tried to call him, texted him like 1000 times but, no reply. I was shattered and broken. But I am a fighter so I let go off the pain and smiled again.
I was ready to get married; my parents were excited and started looking for THE PERFECT MATCH for me. It took time, finally my parents settled to one. Good property, filthy rich, yes, my father was really happy, so was my mother. So even I accepted.
15 days later, I was married to a guy with whom I had to live for my whole life. I was scared, but things weren’t that bad as I thought. Life was smooth for next few months. But as we know, life doesn’t stay the same, every moment, mine started changing as well. Because my Mother and father in laws were old, they started to ask me for a grandchild. Every day I had pressure from them and soon the same started from my husband. I was determined, I will not give birth to a baby till I am not ready, and it was simple I wasn’t ready!
But this wasn’t acceptable by my In-laws; they soon started questioning on my character. They blamed me for having extra-marital affair; even though I stood up for myself I was never heard.  Then they thought I was “ill” to produce a baby and along with them my husband blamed me for the same. They all days and nights cried for INVESTING on wrong girl.
My husband started beating me, drunk, every day. That’s when my childhood memories started playing back of my mind. I thought to give a chance, but it was of no use. A voice of me echoed at the back of my mind “I WILL NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO ME”. The next day, my husband tried to hit me again, with his belt. This time, I stopped him. Snatched his belt and gave him a tight slap. Took the marriage HEAVY RING off my finger, the same ring that ate my mother’s soul all her life and now was also trying to do the same with me.
The ring, that gave nothing but suppression, which was just like the band around the neck of the domestic dog, which was the sole reason behind every woman who committed suicide every day when she was being the victim of her husband’s brutality, I threw it off on his face. That moment was victory for not only me, but for my mother and all those women who could never sum up the strength to move out of a master-slave relationship. It was a move towards my new life and a teaching for others who think a woman is dependent on a man, and she is nothing but a mere object to have sex and produce baby.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happily ever after.

It was all about sex

A beautiful liar