Don’t depend; you are on your own.

                                            



                              


While travelling through metro today, I saw this lady who was a north-eastern, standing with huge bag on her back and loads of money in her pocket. She was in her night dress, in metro with her sister or a friend, I don’t know. I managed to get a seat and was busy in untangling my ear phones which always messes up. As soon as, I untangled and got busy in listen to songs, my sight goes on this lady’s wrist. And I was horrified. What I looked at, wasn’t what I see rarely, but still I was like “what the heck!”
Now you all must be wondering “aisa bhi kya dekha”, so this lady, about whom I am talking since last 10 lines, had huge cuts of knife, starting from her elbow and ending on her wrist. No single place was vacant on her wrist. It was all cuts and bruises. The first thought that came to my mind was, what could be the reason behind this torcher she made herself go through? A lot of us go through a lot in life. And for many of us, relationships out of our family are sort of escapism from what we face around us. This type relationship is the most fragile one; everything and anything can lead to the biggest mistakes of one’s life. No I am not talking of virginity here; virginity is no more called a MISTAKE. I am talking about the suicidal tendencies that are growing in numbers, day to day.
Sometimes not even a relationship, but family matters and all stuff like that, makes one do so. Cutting wrist, eating some medicine, drinking poison etc. have turned like a game, for people nowadays. I know and understand life is not easy to live. But, if you are so weak that anyone and everyone can have access to take away your life, then life becomes hell. We all, including me, need to learn every single day that, we, at any point of life are living for ourselves and are on our own. We cannot be dependent on anyone, and cannot expect that someone would bring peace in our life, because to have peace in life, one has to be in peace within them.
Nothing can raise you in life if you are yourself demoralized and nothing can bring you down if you are respecting your inner-self more than any damn thing around. This doesn’t mean that you start misbehaving with your parents or with anyone, as that would again disturb your peace of mind. But this surely means that we need to grow up, stop punishing ourselves for things we aren’t even responsible for, tic for tat might work a lot of times but not every time. Value yourself; don’t expect that someone else would do it for you. Remember, you came to this alone, you will leave alone. You were never ever born to satisfy or live on other’s terms but was born to live on your own terms.

  
Photo courtesy : Google 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happily ever after.

It was all about sex

A beautiful liar