Why the "josh" is so high around Vicky Kaushal's Uri The Surgical Strike?



How's the josh?

The slogan or let's say dialogue has become an emotion now, thanks to the recent release Uri The Surgical Strike.

Starring Vicky Kaushal in the lead role, it would not be wrong to say that Uri evoked patriotic feelings in each one of us, either throughout the film or in some parts of it. But what made it become one of the blockbuster army-based films in the past few decades? Here are my reasons:

While it is being touted as an out-and-out Vicky Kaushal film, for me, it purely stood out for the teamwork. The actors did bring every ounce of the script to life but without a tightly written script by Aditya Dhar (also the director) and impeccable cinematography by Mitesh Mirchandani, it would have been difficult to keep the audience (and me) glued to the seats.

Battleground sequences were so well choreographed that in many moments, I felt as if I was a part of it. Though, I wish I could do a single percent of what these guys did on-screen.

Really, hats off to the actors and of course, to the real stars at the border serving the nation.

What I also liked about the narrative was the fact that it was divided into chapters. From one point to another and then finally, the surgical strike, Aditya made sure that each and every aspect of the film is crystal clear. For once, we were told how, what, where, when and who of a fact-based film.

And a special mention for the climax of the film, it is pure GOLD. I never knew so many strategies are played out before an attack nor I remember a film giving us such a deep analysis of the war.

The film, of course, takes creative liberties but even for a moment, you do not feel an unnecessary element being played out for too long.

While watching the film, there were even moments when I went back to how I felt while watching JP Dutta's Border in my living room's television screen.


Like how the song "Sandeshe Aate Hai" makes me teary-eyed every time, the war-cry scene had put me in the same situation. Now, this is the scene where the little girl and Vicky Kaushal have to be lauded. They lived the moment, the emotion and hence, the audience, including me, felt goosebumps and our hearts drowning in sorrow.

All in all, the film, which depicted "aaj ka Hindustan", did not undermine the intelligence of its audience and their demand to not settle down for mediocre work. It is such a feel-good fact to see filmmakers waking up to the need of well-researched storylines.

I did not mind spending almost 500 bucks of my pocket on this theater experience.

And as an ending remark, how's the josh? Very high, sir!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was all about sex

Happily ever after.

A beautiful liar