Kabir Singh πŸ™πŸ»

Disclaimer: This piece is a personal view but that doesn’t mean physical abuse in the name of love is okay. Say no to physical abuse of any form. Let love be and feel like love. Thanks! 


Dear Kabir Singh, 

When I first saw you, I was terrified. I wanted to stay as away as possible but you made it sure that my only friend, guide and teacher was you. Everyone, like me, was afraid of your unapologetically bullying behaviour. While some girls thought I’m lucky to have you around always, it was somewhat suffocating and lonely because I never had anyone to speak about you or against you. I was so scared that I couldn’t tell you that you are wrong at so many levels. 

Eventually, I adjusted to your obsessive overpowering behaviour. I started falling for you. I started mistaking your anger as your love until the day you pushed me away irrespective of no fault of mine. They are my parents. They will think of only good. They will want me to have a good future, they will hope to maintain their honour in the society. We could have worked upon it. We could have given them another chance. I didn’t tell you then but you did disrespect them when you went violent against them. In fact, you threatened my sister of beating her with the pot. 

But I still ran to you. Cried and begged you to stay. You still left. And to my surprise, slapped me because I was trying to stop you. You told me to prove my love to you in 6 hours. To leave a family behind for a person who wasn’t sure of what he can do to me out of anger. But I still came to save us because you made yourself the only world I had. And losing you seemed losing life. Do you realise how lonely, dependent you made me? 

Cut to 8 months after that incident, you see me in the park with almost 8 months big belly and want me to elope with you. Your arrogance is still intact. 

Yes, this is your baby. But why will I want to come back to a man who doesn’t have control over his anger. Yesterday, I was slapped, tomorrow it could be my child. Why should I support abuse just because I want a man’s surname after my child? Didn’t I live the most difficult months all by myself? 




On the top of that, you cheated on me. While you claimed to be in love with only me, you slept around. In fact, threatened a woman to have sex with you. Wow, what a man you are! I just have one word for you - pervert. 

You were given birth by someone who, in the time and age of today, justifies that a man can have relationships beyond one but a woman has to be pious. Why? 

You were given birth by someone who thinks slapping your partner is an expression of intense, passionate and true love. But let me tell you for once and all, any form of physical attack has nothing to do with love. Over the years, the patriarchal society has made a fool out of every woman that anger, harassment, touching without consent is ok in the name of love. 



Are we fools fighting against marital rape, rape in general and acid attacks just because we didn’t give a consent in accordance to men’s wish?

Love is consent. Love is respecting each other’s point of view. Love is trust and respect. Respect of all forms. But you seem far far away from the concept. In fact, you’ve invented your own definitions of love, relationship and commitment. So, I request you, please keep them to yourself. 

Don’t ever cross my sight. I’ll soon kick you out of my mind and till then just disappear. 

As far as your baby is concerned, it’s much safer with me. I am capable of taking care of it all alone. I give a fuck to the world but I won’t settle for less, not at least for someone like you. You were a mistake. And I don’t believe in repeating my mistakes. 

So, bye. 

Yours NOTHING. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was all about sex

Happily ever after.

Reshma - A Prostitute (PART 2)