It takes a moment to quit

Maybe once again I’ve made a wrong move, 
The Cupid has struck the wrong two,
And it’s me who’s gotten the blues to my sky,
It was never his fault. 

Maybe once again I am the only one
To feel the way I do and my charm is not really working on him, 
As it should.
Because when I look into his eyes, I see myself but his body retracts, 
We are opposites and I thought we attract. 

Maybe the night I thought is the most beautiful day of my life, 
Was just a moment that happened and had no meaning at all. 
Maybe me skipping a beat at his touch was just like that, 
Him feeling the rush was just like that. 
Our first kiss, maybe it was too 
A moment of weakness, that I mistook for a yes to the question in my head, 
And maybe, just maybe all of this was my fairytale that happened after too long but a short one with no happily ever after ahead. 

Maybe I’m too quick to judge?
As things do not rush and I start to Panick if this book I’ve started to write makes sense at all. 
Maybe I’m too confused!
Because there’s this part of him that’s for the world,
And a part hidden for me, 
While I’m all for him, whether it’s a circus, a cafe or a Bar. 

Maybe we need to talk, and that’s when things will be clear,
Maybe it’s all in my head or there’s nothing at all. 
A moment, all it takes a moment to decide to let go or hold on, 
But will I ever have the strength to quit on him 
While in my head I’ve taken the decision to stick? 
Will it remain a moment when I will take a decision to quit and can anyone assure the decision won’t haunt? 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happily ever after.

It was all about sex

A beautiful liar