LOTUS (A poem for a dear friend Mehak)

She is the lotus I found in muddy pit
Blooming irrespective of world’s glitch
Hid behind the bushes so quiet
Shied away from even the sunlight

I was a sunflower, attracted to fake light
Never listened to her chirps or chit-chats
When reality struck me hard, I took a corner
Falling apart, with no support or shoulder

Her petal fell apart to give me shadow
Said I don’t have to be the only to swallow
The hard times, words and shit that people gave me
She became the precious one to shame, blame even praise me. 

Time went by, we grew closer
For a sunflower like me, she become the soldier
She healed me and I too heard her long stories of sorrows
And one fine day, she was over everything and I was still standing with my past ghosts.


I didn’t like it, I really didn’t, I swear
But she was somebody for whom I cared
So, I didn’t create rifts, I still loved her
But her words were like swords at times and sometimes, I don’t know
I just wonder.

I felt I was no more as close to her as I was
May be the distances were covered by someone else now,
May be I was at fault, May be I made some mistakes I don’t know how.
But now she is going away, too far.


In words, unspoken, misunderstood and unshared,
I want her to understand, no matter what I am standing in her despair
I will smile to her, when she smiles
Cry for no reason because she’s hurt
A lotus she is, a lotus in my life forever,
My petals are small, you know it all, but I am tall and strong
But yes also a trouble,
A trouble you will have to send your butterflies to,
Even rain drops one or two.

I promise I will not let honey bees come in-between us,
But can’t promise if I wont be jealous of other lotuses,
Keep shining, lovely and bright.

I don’t know how to end this, but I love you, you know it right? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happily ever after.

It was all about sex

A beautiful liar