6 months

6 months 

Standing on your door,
It's been 6 months to me, 
And in those 6 short months Ive looked at changing weather, 
People, time and moments,
But not me. 

I've looked at that tree in front of your house, 
Shedding its leaves for my misery, 
Youve been deaf to the songs those birds have crooned for me. 
You've bothered me unknowingly with the little that you gave,
Oh my, I still remember the feeling of kissing your face, 
You've forgotten the bold stories I told you with no regrets, 
Or the trust I had on you than the rest, 
Or it was a dream, a dream that I'm going to live for a lifetime, 
With a tear of mixed feelings in my eyes. 

Those creaking sound of your door 
Or that fragrance on you, 
I've kept like a rose petal in between pages of a book,
They are hard earned memories, I've kept them safe. 
No matter what you say, every drop of love I've spent on you is not a waste. 

Remember the first coffee we had together, or the first time I told you just to hug me tight? 
Ever remember the time I said please go? 
Or a time I said- you are not enough? 
Well, said or unsaid words doesn't even matter any more, 
It's been 6 months since you are gone. 

It's been 6 months to the beautiful 3 months of companionship, 
Yet another end of a story that I began with a lie to my own self, 
Broken pieces of the mirror still not mended, 
It pricks me with every moment that brought me closer to you, 
I know you don't remember because those were just 'another' days for you.

Those roads that turns to your door step, 
I know I've been visiting it every now and then in my mind,
I've imagined you to give me a smile when you look at me there, 
But I've been standing enough long for you to care,
Yet no body opens the door with a warm smile, 
6 months, I thought it's quite a while. 

A destination with no roads,
I've to stop waiting for you, 
I've to stop thinking about those little hurt, smiles, love, 
Have to realise, it's been 6 months now, another 6 months will pass soon, 
Hope then, I won't be writing the same thing to you.

It's been 6 months and yet I have just one thing to say- my heart is a place where you will always stay- my kisses with you are always going to make me smile and the touch of yours will always make me shy, those teases or taunts or hurtful lines, don't worry they aren't heavy on love of mine. I should tell you my love has been growing stronger, don't worry I wont bother. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happily ever after.

It was all about sex

A beautiful liar