Kangana has an army... on Twitter

I met Kangana Ranaut recently with ample of question on my mind — why is she so controversial, why she  doesn’t go by the rule book, why everyone has an ego clash with her - and many more. My meet with her was supposed to give me answers or at least, a sneak-peek into why she’s what she is. But more than knowing her, I got to know the fan following she enjoys after the interview went up on the website. 

Mind you, this meet or interview wasn’t a personal one. It was supposed to be a press conference. But maybe, I was lucky that there were not many present at the venue and I had the chance or opportunity to throw most of the questions. 



In this interview, she spoke about everything - from Manikarnika The Queen of Jhansi being her directorial debut to the controversies the film found itself in by the time of its release and finally, how Bollywood is not considering or being ignorant towards the success of the female-led film which otherwise would have been hailed if it had come from someone else (or rather their fraternity “friends”)


The conversation started and she spoke things that made complete sense. In between, out of no where, I asked her where this courage to call spade-a-spade comes from? I mean, I wanted to know what makes her so fearless. After all, in my career of barely five years, I had not seen an actor or filmmaker going against the flow. Her answer started wit “I don’t know.” She took a pause, which (to be true) made me worry that she’d turn herself as this modest person who is unaware of what she’s doing. But after the pause, she says - “I don’t know. To be true all I know is, if in your heart, you are not saying something that is not only benefitting you... what I mean is, whatever I have said right now goes against me. I have six people filing a case against me. After this, I might have eight more. But deep down, I know I am talking about a bigger cause. I believe, in my heart, if my intention is right, I will never fall flat in face.”



And that’s when I realised that maybe the power or courage or wildness (however, you may put it) is because she doesn’t have the fear to lose. Whatever she’s achieved or what she’s worked for, she has got it on her own, without any backing but yes, with support of filmmakers and people who believed in her craft (which seems are less in number.) 



In career of a decade, she has faced or fought all sort of negative things that could come her way. From being called a witch to the entire fiasco around her relationship with a male superstar from the industry or her fight against Director for credits, she’s been difficult for many but that doesn’t mean people don’t like her. The audience is hailing her on social media. As unbelievable as it may sound, while she’s not on Twitter, people (not fan pages) are standing up for her, resonating with her statements, crowning her as Queen of actors and now, even a filmmaker. I wouldn’t have believed all this if I were you. But the interview I’m talking about, you must see the kind of engagement it has got from fans across the nation. My retweet from personal handle (which is not even noticeable because my account is not verified) has got over 100 likes and many retweets, which is a rare occurrence for me since I’m not a big shot journalist. 




My tweet read that “only her fearless attitude is working for her” and while many agreed, many disagreed and commented that it’s not just her attitude but the work too that’s going in her favour. 

Honestly, Kangana might not be the greatest actor we have at this point of time but the craze, the support and the love she gets from the audience is crazy. I mean, I was shocked and in disbelief. But I’m glad I happen to meet the Queen and hope she continues to do what she does the best - put the entire industry on the tip of her heels. I hope that many more Queen and Manikarnika come on her way (and I do get to meet her.) But until the next time, I’m just enjoying the retweets and engagement on my article.


#NotAFanGirl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was all about sex

Happily ever after.

Reshma - A Prostitute (PART 2)